Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Karyme's Frozen First Communion

My love for party planning started long ago, before Pinterest and before Instagram. I've always loved the details, the little extra touches that make your party the one every person remembers. As I'm planning I'm usually envisioning how it will photograph and sometimes my imagination takes me way out there, lol! Yes, I can and have gone a little over board, but in my defense I try to buy things in advance, on clearance, and do my best to incorporate my ever growing stash of items I've collected over the years.

This party was brewing in my mind for a while and the ideas just kept growing and I kept getting more and more excited as the pieces all came together. Using old Christmas decor and little bits of things from my stash gave me the look and color scheme I was envisioning. This is the one time Jesse was glad I collect, hoard, same difference! Because I was able to use a lot of the things I already owned. I kept debating on keeping it all in blue and white hues, but decided the pop of pink would be the extra touch to make it stand out and tie the two sisters together.

 I had it all planned out but something was missing. Something to make this, the candy table of all candy tables.

Looking online to see if I could get inspired was only confusing me. Nothing was grabbing my attention. Finally my daughter asked me to build the castle. And that was it! That's what was going to set HER party apart from all the other 999,999 Frozen Parties this year. So her Daddy made her wish come true and just like that my baby had her own little Frozen Castle!

Once that was settled I had to enlist my equally excited and detailed, AMAZING Cake Girl Gaby! She knows me. She knows my mind is over the top and she knows that I don't mess around. She knows my style and together we have created some pretty amazing Dessert Tables. So once she knew what I wanted, it was up to her to surprise me. She never lets me down. Ever. Her work is almost as beautiful as it is delicious, or vice versa, or both, lol! She's amazing and we have lots of ideas planned for this year. If you need the best Baker in town, look her up at L.A Cake  Tell her I sent you, she will make that butter cream extra frosty. 

All of my parties take my time and I've loved them all but this one has been one of my Favorites. I've had about ten requests for me to plan and design their next event. I have several ask to buy a castle from me too, so that's in the works. If you want one, just message me!

Enjoy the images.
Marisol
























No comments:

Post a Comment